If you want to buy a gun, a good place to find them a bit cheaper than usual, especially second hand, would be the internet. Specifically if you are looking for a gun to use in hunting, you’ll be able to find what you are looking, and get it quickly (within a week or two) by purchasing online.
There are some things you should know about finding guns for sale online though, and that will be covered below. The more you know about it, going into your first purchase, the easier the purchase will be.
Tips for Buying Guns for Sale Online
When you find a gun you are interested in. You should try to get answers to the following questions, this will help you make sure you are getting a legitimate weapon and not buying someone’s trash.
- What is the gun’s history? You want to make sure it isn’t stolen, it hasn’t been rebuilt, etc.
- How many owners have their been? The more owners there have been, the less sure you can be about the history.
- Why is the owner selling it? Make sure it doesn’t have to do with something being wrong with the gun.
- What kind of custom work has been done to it? A lot of times custom work suggests they want a higher price, but unless you were going to have this done, you won’t want to cover that cost.
- Are there any problems with misfiring or similar issues? Again, you just want to make sure there is nothing wrong with the gun that will cause problems once you own it.
- Is there a scope included with the purchase? If so, you can expect to pay about half the retail value for the scope, included in the gun price.
Where to Buy Guns Online Guns For Sale
Once you’ve checked into your local guns laws, there are a lot of places to look for guns to buy online. Start by looking at the following types of websites:
- Stores (though usually at retail price)
Picking up at an FFL
Now that you’ve decided on a gun, where will you pick it up? If it is a local person, you can meet them and exchange it that way, you won’t have to worry about getting an FFL to receive the gun, however if they are too far away, you will need to choose an FFL.
If you will use an FFL, you should contact them to see what their process is, and to notify them of your intent to use them as a pick up location. You can also expect to pay a nominal fee for having them handle the shipment for you.